The Micro Loan Program was one of the first services offered by EquipALife. This program provides access to low-interest loans for people in need of financial assistance to pay for Assistive Technology devices and services. Each loan approval is based on the person’s ability to make monthly payments on loans designed with flexible terms and an installment plan that fits their budget.
To be eligible for a loan, the applicant must:
- be a Minnesota resident
- have a disability diagnosis
- need an assistive technology device or service
There are three steps to apply for a micro-loan:
- Complete the application form & return to EquipALife.
- EquipALife sends the application to the Review Committee for processing and a recommendation.
- When appropriate, EquipALife works with the applicant and partner bank to complete the process.
- Computer Software and Hardware
- Items for Work or School
- Home Modifications
- Vehicle Modifications
- Communication Devices
- Unique Assistive Technology Devices
Please contact us at 763-479-8239 or 1-866-535-8239 to start the loan process.
Cassidy and her mom came to EquipALife for assistance in locating an adapted van. Using a local vendor and EquipALife's low-interest loan, Cassidy's family bought a new van equipped to meet her physical needs. Cassidy's life improved as a direct result of the information and assistance her mom received through EquipALife.